Making a Gift Basket
This can be easy if you have a creative streak or much more difficult if you’re just not into this stuff. I enjoy making handmade bows but it’s not for everybody.
I’ll try and make this simple.
- Start by selecting a theme – I’m sure you’ll have something in mind – birthday, thank you, sympathy or just because.
- You need – scissors, ribbon, tape, blank newsprint, cellophane and shred.
- Place basket on table, fill with newsprint and shred.
- Start layering with largest item at the back and build around the centerpiece.
- Add shred in gaps. Make sure labels are facing forward (remove price tags!) Use tape to secure items to each other.
- Measure the cello so that about 8-10 inches are above the basket handle.
- Carefully place the cello bag or cello sheet under the basket.
- Crinkle the top of the cell from middle out to the ends.
- Ties the ribbon and create a bow or use a pre-made bow. You can make your own, if you’d like to try. Use wide, wired ribbon – it’s easiest to manipulate.
Stand back and admire your creation!
As the owner of Bear Town Baskets in New Bern NC, I create custom made gift-baskets. Please leave comments if you have any questions.